Sunday, March 27, 2011

A Week of Recipes to Share!

Tuesday was my day off: I had the pleasure of shopping with my beautiful bestie, Lara Keyworth--soon to be sister Keyworth of the Fort Lauderdale, Florida mission--for some stunning missionary attire!




When I got home Spenser and I made some AWESOME chicken chili--seriously, you gotta try this stuff:


Combine: 3 15-ounce cans of white kiney beans, 2 1/2 c. of cooked chopped chicken, 1 chopped onion, 1 1/2 c. chopped peppers, 2 fresh chili peppers, 2 cloves minced garlic, cumin, salt, oregano, and 3 1/2 c. chicken broth



Cook in a crock pot on high for 4-5 hours. SO DELICIOUS!! And it makes so much! I ate left overs for the rest of the week!



Tuesday night we went and saw Gnomeo and Juliet. Fun twist on a classic. We loved it!!



Wednesday, thankfully, was another day off. We had fajita night with Lara and Kyle. Complete iwth chili lime steak and mango black bean salsa! (ps my husband is a fabulous cook!) try these out!!



steak rub: 1 tsp chili powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1/4 cayenne pepper, 3/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, juice of 1 lime, 1 tbsp olive oil



mango salsa: 1 can black beans (rinsed and drained), 1 medium mango (peeled and diced), 1/2 c red onion, 1/2 c chopped cilantro, 2 tbsp lime juice, 2 tsp red wine vinegar, 1/2 tsp sugar, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1 med. avacado (diced)



truly the yummiest week I've had in a while!!

No comments:

Post a Comment